UWE launches International College in partnership with Kaplan International Colleges
UWE Bristol has just announced the launch of the University of the West of England Bristol’s International College in partnership with Kaplan International Colleges.
Based at UWE Bristol’s Frenchay Campus in Bristol, UWE will be looking to welcome students starting in September 2012.
About the International College
UWE Bristol’s International College will offer guaranteed progression to the University on successful completion of studies. Progression to the University will include both Bachelor Degrees and Masters programmes depending on the required level of study.
Programmes at the International College:
Autumn 2012 intake:
- Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences
- Foundation Certificate in Science and Engineering
- International Year One in Business
- International Year One in Engineering (Motorsport/Aerospace/Mechanical/Electronic)
- Preparatory English for Graduate Diploma
Spring 2013 intake:
- All of the above
- Pre-Masters in Business, Law and Social Sciences
- Pre-Masters in Science and Engineering
Each will offer a combination of study skills, English preparation and Academic studies in preparation for study with UWE.
All international students (undergraduate and postgraduate) are guaranteed University-approved accommodation providing that the applicant accepts UWE as their first choice and applies by 1 July 2012.
About UWE Bristol
UWE Bristol is one of the UK’s largest and most popular universities based in the South West of England.
- Employability: 93.5% of UWE Bristol graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduation (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2011). UWE are the UK’s 11th best university for employment performance (HESA 2011).
- Real-life work experience: Every year, 4000 UWE Bristol students embark on placements and internships as part of their degree.
- Industry relevant courses: UWE Bristol courses are designed with input from over 1000 regional, national and international employers, so students can be sure that course content reflects the needs of industry.
- High student satisfaction: More than 83% of students were satisfied with their time at UWE Bristol (2011 National Student Survey)
- High standard facilities: the University has been consistently rated in the top quartile of all universities in the national student survey. The library is open 24/7 during term time and the university has one of the largest collection of course modules on-line.
- Quality teaching: UWE consistently receives praise for its teaching, thanks to talented and committed staff. 85% of students were satisfied with the teaching on their courses in the 2011 National Student Survey.
Bristol is a wonderful place to study – and to live, with one of the UK’s highest proportion of students staying on in the area after university. In 2009, Bristol was the only UK city voted one of the top ten places in the world to visit in the DK Eyewitness Travel Guide.
It is the largest city in the South West of England and only a 90 minute journey from London, Bristol is the perfect place to live and study. Its excellent transport links and international airport makes this historic city a popular destination for international students.
Bristol is the largest economy in South West England. Aerospace, hi-tech manufacturing, financial and retail services are key industries. Bristol is also renowned for its world-class scientific research and development. The region itself has the second largest concentration of microelectronics businesses outside of Silicon Valley in the States.
PFL UWE In-House Representatives
If you have any question please contact our UWE In-House Representatives:
PFL Port Harcourt
University of the West of England (UWE) Bristol